Ikea trådfri tråden

Hei! Har nå en Ikea trådfri dimmer (704.085.95) koblet opp mot FH hub og Ikea pære trådfri (904.867.85) som kan styre både av hub og dimmer på vegg. Er det også mulig å legge at en philips hue pære styres av dimmeren på veggen( WA Lyspære 7W Filament A60 E27)? Philips pæren er allerede lagt inn i hub og fungerer 100%.

Mvh Krisitan

Usikker på om det går med dimmer, men jeg bruker de vanlige Ikea fjernkotroll(de runde) med både pærer fra Ikea og Philips. Parrer de inn på samme måte som pærene fra Ikea. (Trlykke på parre-knappen inntil pæren)

I’m Swedish, but so I can follow along in this thread, but will reply in English to avoid confusion :slight_smile:

I’ve successfully included both different variants of Trådfri remotes and bulbs as per the instructions above. It’s really sweet to have control both directly via the remote and the hub!

However, it seems like the bulbs don’t report back their state whenever the remote is used. So eg. if I turn on the light with the remote it’ll still say “off” in the FH app.

Is this expected? Known limitation?

Jeg opplever det samme

Noen som har fått Trådfri sensor til å funke?

Det funker bra her. Takk for tips! Men har samme issue med feil status på lamper.

Yep the sensor work. Just that it’s classified as a general “input” or scene, and not a motion sensor, which is a bit of a bummer

1 Like

It would be great if someone from FH (@espen ?) could comment on the issue with incorrect status on TRÅDFRI lights in the app (eg. after changing state with a remote). Is this a known bug or limitation?

Jeg har samme utfordring med en smartplugg fra ikea, statusen på forsiden sier «på» uansett…. Når jeg går inn på rommet ser jeg dog riktig status

Har noen funnet løsningen til at batteri vises ikke mer enn 50% på dimmer og scene knappen?

Does the bulb report anything at all? Check Message Stream in FIMPUI

Good point. I checked and no, there are no messages at all when I press the remote. Not from the remote, nor from the bulb.

Ok. Then it is impossible to get the status for the bulb correct when using the remote.

Yeah, I wonder if it’s a limitation in the TRÅDFRI product series, or in the underying FH Zigbee driver that translates into FH messages.

Come to think of it, I never had this problem with the Trådfri gear + my previous Smartthings hub, so I still suspect this is something that FH isn’t handling

1 Like

So to clarify, you have both Ikea light bulb and button included in FH hub and you control the light from the button using scene automation?

No. I’ve followed the instructions posted by Espen above.

Both the bulb and the controller is included, but then directly linked to each other with holding them near each other and pairing them with the “IKEA method”.

After looking into it further I noticed that the basic on/off switch still emits events but the more advanced remote with dimmer and color picker does not.

It seems like there is no way to read out the current state of the bulb with the current driver. (Again, I never had this problem with SmartThings so I definitely think it’s possible)

1 Like

I haven’t tried that method and I’m not sure how well it works.
However, to achieve the same purpose using functionality our system supports, you can use association (currently only available in thingsplex).
I’ll try to upload a guide soon.

Thanks but unfortunately what you’re suggesting doesn’t t work either. The system is still not able to read out the correct state from the bulb.

Furthermore, associations aren’t supported in FH for some remotes like STYRBAR or the five button round TRÅDFRI.

in addition to that , the state of the bulb can change for other reasons eg. due to power loss, so the fundamental issue that needs to be fixed here is that FH needs to be query the correct state from the bulb.

1 Like

Well, if we put it technically, according to the Zigbee standard, devices need to report their values whenever they change for any reason, and most devices do. Including Ikea devices.

We support Association on any device that supports it. Specifically, every device that supports the Groups cluster supports association. I haven’t tested Styrbar, but every other Ikea remote I tried worked including the five button round one, the shortcut button and the dimmer button. At home, I have the five-button remote associated to an Ikea RGB and I can control on/off, level and scenes. The lamp also reports it’s status when changed. It’s probably worth mentioning that my lamp has the latest firmware.

Please note that Ikea five-button remote with older firmware didn’t follow the standard properly, so that could be the issue here. See here.
Also, some Ikea light bulbs I tested before (potentially due to old firmware) don’t always report their state. Could be interesting to see if updating your lamps’ firmware makes any difference (if you have an Ikea hub that is).

I agree that ideally the hub would poll devices that don’t report their status, but that could have its own implications on network traffic and responsiveness especially in larger networks.

1 Like