Heatit Z-TRM3 Power Consumption - Heating Element connected through Relay

Hi,

I have six Heatit Z-TRM3 thermostats. They report power consumption back over Z-Wave so it is available in Futurehome.

The challenge is that one of my areas is quite big and the floor heating element is 5KW. This is above what the Z-TRM3 can take so the floor heating element is connected to a mechanical relay, and then the Z-TRM3 controls the relay. Of course since the Z-TRM3 is only controlling the relay it does not see consumed power and reports back 0W as used. Is there a way to program my Futurehome so that every time this Z-TRM3 is heating I overwrite the consumed power reported back by a hard coded value of 5000W?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You could set up a virtual power switch that reports 5000W in ON and 0W in OFF. The trigger for this one can be relay operating state (true/false), or relay power output, if the relay reports the power. I have the same setup, and used a virtual switch for some time, but for some strange reason, the energy consumption was not categorized correctly in the historical energy data/statistics. The real time power consumption was, however, categorized correctly. For this reason, I scrapped this idea, and just put the relay in the “other” category.

If you switch your Z-TRM3 for the Z-TRM6, it´s much easier. You just set a fixed power value using a parameter.

Jeg hadde det samme. Byttet den til en av de gamle type FH termostatene hvor man stiller inn effekt, opptil 5000 w.

Det er dessverre ikke mulighet til å gjør det på en annen måte.

If it’s possible with TRM6 it should be no biggie making it possible for TRM3.

And would make me happy aswell, I have the same setup.

I highly doubt this functionality will be coming to the old Z-TRM3, but you could always ask Heatit or ThermoFloor.

If it’s a setting on the thermostat itself I agree. Didn’t consider that.

But it should be possible to set on any device in Futurehome without a need of settings on the device itself.